Focusrite RedNet MP8R 8-Channel Remote-Controlled Mic Pre With Dual PSUs Audio Interface
8-Channel Remote-Controlled Mic Pre With Dual PSUs - RedNet MP8R is a 1U, eight-channel remote-controlled mic pre and A-D interface for any Dante™ audio-over-IP network. Featuring network and power supply redundancy, RedNet MP8R is the ideal choice for providing mic pres in many critical-path applications, whether in Post Production, Broadcast, Live Sound or the Recording Studio.
8-Channel Remote-Controlled Mic Pre With Dual PSUs
RedNet MP8R is a 1U, eight-channel remote-controlled mic pre and A-D interface for any Dante™ audio-over-IP network. Featuring network and power supply redundancy, RedNet MP8R is the ideal choice for providing mic pres in many critical-path applications, whether in Post Production, Broadcast, Live Sound or the Recording Studio.
RedNet MP8R was designed in direct response to requests from clients in Live Sound and Broadcast looking for a high-quality remote controlled mic pre coupled with high performance A-D conversion. The result is a preamp with high dynamic range, flat frequency response, and excellent common-mode gain performance. The unique automatic gain compensation feature allows for a variety of flexible workflows; each mic pre feeds a pair of network transmitters, – one directly fed by the mic pre, the other fed through automatically compensated DSP – making mic pre sharing very simple. Front panel level indication is provided through 6-segment LED meters, while an OLED display indicates input gain and other system information.
- Eight-channel remote controlled mic pre and A-D for Dante audio-over-IP networks
- Up to 24-bit, 192kHz sampling rates with very low latency
- Excellent common-mode gain performance improves rejection of noise induced in the cable
- AES67 compliant
- Dual power supplies and network connections with full power and network redundancy including locking connectors for maximum reliability
- Maximum input of 28dBu allows versatile, universal input
- Automatic gain compensation allows a second set of network transmitters to remain at the same signal level, independently of changes to the analogue gain. This makes the sharing of mic pres simple in many workflows
- Remote-controllable Gain, Phantom Power and High-Pass Filter from Yamaha CL and QL Series Consoles
- 20dB pad, HPF and polarity inversion per input
- 6-segment LED level meters; OLED display indicates input gain and system information
- Extensive remote control and signal metering from RedNet Control
- Brainworx bx_console Focusrite – exclusive plug-in that faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of the original Focusrite ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules.
- Gain Range: 10dB to 65dB in 1dB steps
- Type: Electronically Balanced, Zin = 2.4kO/10kO (Switchable); Inputs default to 2.4kO unpowered
- Max. Input Level: 29dBu ±0.5; min gain with pad for 0dBFS, Rs = 150O
- Min. Input Level: -46dBu ±0.5; max gain without pad for 0dBFS, Rs = 150O
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 40kHz ±0.1dB
- THD N: -98dB (0.0012) @ -1dBFS, Rs = 150O
- EIN: -129dBu A-Weighted (typical), Rs = 150O
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 118dB A-Weighted (typical), Rs = 150O
- Phantom Power: 48V, independently switchable per channel
- Pad: -20dB, independently switchable per channel
- HPF: -6dB @ 65 ± 3Hz, 12dB/Octave, independently switchable per channel
- Input To Input: <-100dB 20Hz - 20kHz; minimum input gain
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz (-4 / -0.1 / 0.1 / 4.167) at 24 bit
- Clock Sources: Internal or from Dante Network Master
REAR PANEL CONNECTIVITY
- Mic Inputs: 8 x Female XLR
- PSU: 2 x IEC Inputs with retaining clips
- Network: 2 x etherCON NE8FBH-S, also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors
FRONT PANEL INDICATORS
- Primary PSU (A): Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present
- Secondary PSU (B): Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present
- Primary Network: Green LED. Indicates that a network connection is present on primary port when in redundant mode
- Secondary Network: Green LED. Indicates that a network connection is present on secondary port when in redundant mode
- Network Locked: Green LED. When unit is network slave, shows valid network lock.
- Sample Rate: Orange LED for each: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, x2, x4
- Pull Up/Down: Orange LED. Indicates that the unit is set to operate on a Dante pull up/down domain
- Channel Signal Level: 6 level indicator LEDs for each channel
- Channel Select Buttons: 8
- Channel Function Controls: Info, Impedance, Pad, Phantom Power, HPF, Phase, Gain Encoder
- Channel Display: Colour OLED. Displays Channel Name, Gain, Lock status, Channel Number, Gain Compensation status
- Redundant: Allows unit to connect to two independent networks
- Switched: Connects both ports to integrated network switch allowing daisy-chaining of devices
- Height: 44.5mm/ 1.75"
- Width: 482.6mm/ 19"
- Depth: 394mm/ 15.51"
- Weight: 5.75kg
- Operating Temperature: Operates at up to an ambient temperature of 50 degrees Celcius
- Fan: Single Fan