Lewitt LCT 540 Sub Zero Condenser Microphone
For ultra-detailed studio recordings.
- 1" true condenser studio microphone
- Self-noise below the threshold of human hearing
- Ideal for extreme processing
- Low-cut filters and attenuation
- Cardioid polar pattern
Your mic for ultra-detailed studio recordings.
Our unique approach towards electronics and capsule design makes the microphone better than human hearing. With the LCT 540 S, we set a new benchmark in terms of capturing fine-grained details of your recording source.
Record details of your voice and instruments that usually wouldn’t even be audible. Make every detail count.
Fit for extreme processing
Even the subtlest nuances sound crystal clear.
With its cutting-edge circuit and capsule design, the LCT 540 SUBZERO features an impressive dynamic range of 132 dB to capture everything from loud to subtle. You won’t hear the self-noise of the mic even after heavily compressing the signal.
Material recorded with the LCT 540 SUBZERO is fit for extreme processing.
How is this mic better
Self-noise values below the threshold of human hearing
Our hearing threshold is very frequency-dependent. It is less sensitive towards low and very high frequencies and most sensitive around 2 – 5 kHz. With our specific and unique approach towards circuit and capsule design, we were able to realize self-noise that'll stay below the threshold of hearing across the entire frequency spectrum.
Yes, we like science
We had to elevate measurement to a new level.
To measure the self-noise of the LCT 540 SUBZERO, we built a unique device. It's ten times more massive than conventional ones, weighing over 4500 kg or 9900 lbs in total. This amount of mass will dampen frequencies up to a 1/10,000th of their sound pressure. The frequency range from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz is dampened by 60 dB, up to 80 dB on the higher frequencies.
- Acoustical operating principle - Pressure gradient transducer, externally polarized
- Diaphragm - 3 micron gold sputtered Mylar
- Transducer Ø - 25.4 mm, 1 in
- Polar pattern - Cardioid
- Sensitivity - 41 mV/Pa, -28 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level - 4 dB (A)
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD - 136 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
- Signal / noise ratio - 90 dB (A)
- Dynamic range - 132 dB (A)
- Pre-attenuation pad - 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB
- Low-cut filter - linear, 80 Hz (6 dB/oct), 160 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance - 68 Ω
- Supply voltage - 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption - 3.6 mA
- Mic enclosure - Zinc die cast
- Connector - Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions - 158 x 52 x 36 mm, 6.22 x 2.04 x 1.42 in
- Microphone net weight - 371 g, 13.1 oz