Nektar Panorama P4 Midi Controller
The Panorama series of controllers are incredible with the most intuitive workflow ever seen. The spectacular and deep integration with Bitwig Studio, Cubase. Logic Pro, Mainstage, Reaper & Reasom is way beyond advanced, it’s superior in every aspect.
The Panorama series of controllers are incredible with the most intuitive workflow ever seen. The spectacular and deep integration with Bitwig Studio, Cubase. Logic Pro, Mainstage, Reaper & Reasom is way beyond advanced, it’s superior in every aspect. All this, combined with 93 real time controls available at any one time amd extensive MIDI programming options, makes Panorama the definitive controller for Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Mainstage, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Reaper & Reason.
KEYBOARD BALANCED TO PERFECTION
Panorama’s keyboard action uses weights to offset the otherwise increasing tension you would experience from the spring. This means the down movement
is as clean as possible and not heavy or fatiguing to play. We keep the down weight required within the heavy end of common standards for acoustic pianos. In addition, the dynamic range is much wider than what you experience on most controller keyboards allowing better control of both low and high velocity values. 5 velocity curves gives you choice just in case your playing style requires a different feel. Monophonic aftertouch, pitch bend and modulation wheels, plus foot switch and expression pedal jacks sets you up for performance.
POWER OF CONTROL
An unrivalled amount of assignable controls makes Panorama the most comprehensive and fully featured MIDI controller around. 16 encoders, 9 x 45mm faders, 10 LED buttons, 28 buttons and a foot switch jack gives you immediate control of up to 61 parameters at any one time. Settings can be stored in 20 presets with individually save and loadable F-keys maps for more than 1200 combinations.
Regardless of whether you are operating Cubase, Reason or programming MIDI assignments in Internal mode, the crystal clear 3.5” color TFT display provides detailed information that makes your workflow fluent and fast. Panorama takes the hard work out of using a controller and makes operations that seem complicated and non-transparent on other products, straight-forward and simple.
The motorized 100mm touch-sensitive ALPS fader gives you pro-console mixer channel control when operated with Cubase, Nuendo or Reason. Watch the fader move when you change tracks and just move it to change volume. Two LED buttons controls Solo and Mute so no matter what mode you operating Panorama in, you always have pro-console control within reach.
It’s hard to go places without transport so Panorama features an extended 11 button transport bar, positions right where you need it controlling: Return to L, Forward to R, Undo, Click on/off, Record Mode, Cycle on/off, Back, Forward, Stop, Play and Record. Using the shift button, these also double up as 11 function buttons each assignable to MIDI commands or QWERTY macro’s.
SHORTCUT TO SOFTWARE FUNCTIONS
Your software has a ton of features and functions that can be activated using QWERTY shortcut commands. Assigning a command to a button so you don’t have to be near your computer makes life a lot easier. Assigning a string of up to 8 commands takes it to another level. With this powerful feature you could for example enter edit mode, zoom in and select a tool with just one button press. Or create an instrument or effects track and locate a folder containing your presets so you can select them from Panorama, all with one button press and without looking at your computer.
For Cubase, FL Studio, Reaper, Nuendo and Reason users, Panorama is a dream come true. The dedicated communication protocol ties Panorama and your DAW tightly together so all you have to do is select the mode and menu you want to control. Panorama does the rest.
Three modes allows you one button press to switch between controlling the Mixer, Instruments (VSTi or Devices) and Transport, with the 4th mode, Internal, still providing access to traditional MIDI control.
The integration with Cubase, Nuendo and Reason is so deep that you can immerse yourself in your music without having to constantly reach for the mouse. Panorama gives you the creative freedom to just focus on your music.
YOUR REWIRE SLAVE AND HOST CONTROLLED IN ABSOLUTE REAL-TIME
Reason ReWired to Cubase or Nuendo is a whole new experience with Panorama. Select which DAW you want to control straight from Panorama, in absolute real-time and regardless of what’s in focus on your computer. Color coding clearly tells you which environment you are controlling so you don’t get confused as you switch back and forth. And better still, there really is not functionality lost when you change from controlling one DAW to the other. You of course could buy 2 Panorama products to achieve the same result but with Panorama you don’t have to.
PADS WITH PRESSURE
Playing drums or percussive parts on a keyboard can be a challenge, but luckily on Panorama you don’t have to. 12 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads with choice of 7 velocity curves will inspire you to play in ways you would never do on the keyboard. The pads are unbelievably easy to program using the “Learn Note” function. Press a pad, press a key…it’s that easy.
The “Velocity Spread” feature quickly spreads one note across all 12 pads, each with its own fixed velocity, making it easier to create consistent and nuanced dynamics.
The “Scale-Function” assigns each pad to pitches within any of the pre-defined 30+ scales. It’s a quick and easy way to completely change pad assignments while freely changing intervals or transposing the whole set on the fly. Great for percussive performances with any keyboard sound as well as percussion.
Reason devices such as ReDrum, Dr. Octo Rex and Kong are of course automatically assigned to pads in Panorama P4’s Instrument mode with an additional 4 virtual pads available, when needed.
PORTS & CONNECTIONS
On the back of Panorama you find the connection points you need for foot controls, power and data including:
- USB Micro B for external power supply or additional power for the motorized fader (cable included)
- USB port for power and data connection to your computer
- 5-pin MIDI din output port sending data either directly from the unit or from your
- DAW (working like a MIDI interface)
- Foot switch jack, assignable (pedal not included)
- Expression pedal jack, assignable (pedal not included)
- On/off switch
With Panorama we planned to set a new benchmark for how a controller keyboard should work with software. More daringly we also decided on an ID that’s unlike anything else and yet retains many of the design characteristics of legacy electronic keyboards. A fusion of future and retro in one. To achieve this we had to design all parts from scratch. Nothing is off-the-shelf, not even the keybed which had to be custom designed to achieve the effect of the control panel floating in to the white keys. Sure, there are some compromises but we compromised deliberately and with what we think as the right trade-offs creating the best keyboard controller instrument in its class.
- 49 note weighted (semi-) velocity-sensitive keyboard w/aftertouch
- Dedicated hardware controller for Bitwig Studio, Logic Pro X, Reason, Cubase, FL Studio, Reaper or Nuendo
- 16 Encoders, 9 Faders, 10 assignable LED buttons, 11 dedicated transport buttons
- 11 Transport/F-key Buttons, 22 Navigation Buttons
- 100 mm ALPS motorized fader
- 3.5” high-resolution TFT display for real time display of controls and functions
- Sophisticated mapping for popular VST plug-ins and Reason’s instruments and rack extensions
- 49 note weighted (semi-) velocity-sensitive keyboard w/aftertouch
- 5 velocity curves plus fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation assignable wheels
- Octave shift buttons
- PB1/2 buttons
- 4 keyboard zones programmable with controller filters and program changes
- 5 keyboard maps store all settings
- 16 encoders
- 9 45mm faders
- 10 assignable LED buttons
- 11 dedicated transport buttons
- 20 preset locations store all settings including links to keyboard, pad and F-keys maps
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Windows Vista, 7 & 8 compatible (Windows XP is not supported at this time).
- Reason 5/6/6.5/7 Cubase LE/Elements/Artist/Studio version 5/6/6.5/7
- 12 pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 7 velocity curves
- Scale mode with 30+ scales and interval setting
- Velocity spread functions spreads the selected pad assignment over all 12 pads, at different velocity levels
- Transpose and Octave shift in both pad-map and scale mode
- Pads freely assignable in Reason mode
- Load or Save to any of 20 pad maps
- 11 assignable Function Keys (accessible using shift and tranport keys)
- Load or Save to any of 10 F-Keys maps
- F-Keys assignable even in 3 Reason modes
Weight & Dimensions
- Dimensions: 33 2/8″(L) x 13″(D) 3 6/8″(H)
- Weight: 14 Lbs
- 100 mm ALPS motorized fader*
- 6 dedicated assignable navigation buttons
- ASCII/QWERTY macros assignable to buttons and pads
- 3.5” high-resolution TFT display provides incredible navigation and user visibility
- Incredible Reason implementation that lets you use Reason, as if it’s hardware
- 4 modes when used with Reason switch between Mixer, Instrument, Transport and
- Internal Presets and setup files for major DAW’s and VIs
- Expression pedal 1/4″ jack input (pedal not included)
- Foot switch (sustain) 1/4″ jack input (pedal not included)
- MIDI output
- USB port for communication with computer
- USB Micro B connector for extra and external power*