PreSonus Eris E3.5 Studio Monitor - Pair
3.5″ Kevlar woofers deliver solid low-end sound with minimal bass distortion 1″ ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeters eliminate harshness and provide balanced high-frequency sound 50-watt Class AB bi-amplification provides plenty of volume and headroom for nearfield monitoring RCA and balanced 1/4″ inputs provide all the connections you may need Aux input for connecting your smartphone or media player Headphone output for private listening Acoustic tuning controls let you contour your sound to best meet your mixing environment
Sound you can trust.
PreSonus® Eris-series studio monitors are used worldwide by audio engineers who need to hear every detail of their recordings. Ideal for gaming and home video production, the Eris E3.5 employs the same technology as the larger Eris models to deliver studio-quality sound, with a smooth and accurate frequency response. Yet they're compact enough to fit almost anywhere.
Woofers that deliver a cleaner overall sound.
Every Eris ® -series studio monitor uses a woven composite, low-frequency driver. The weave and nature of the Eris E3.5's 3.5-inch woofer result in a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound.
Smooth high end and wide sweet spot.
The Eris E3.5 is equipped with a one-inch silk-dome tweeter that produces a smooth and refined sound, accurately reproducing transients and high frequencies. The tweeter is designed to radiate sound with a fairly wide dispersion pattern, creating a large optimal listening area or “sweet spot” so you can move around and still hear everything accurately.
A speaker's response is affected by where you place it and the acoustics of your space. That's why Eris E3.5 active media reference monitors offer easy-to-adjust high- and low-frequency controls. A convenient front-panel volume knob sets both the speaker level and the integrated headphone amplifier level. Be careful with that volume knob, though: Eris E3.5s are driven by an onboard 25 watt / side power amplifier and can get a lot louder than you may expect, while still delivering clear, accurate audio.
Connect to virtually any line-level source.
With three different types of audio inputs, it's easy to feed audio to your Eris monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. The Eris E3.5 is equipped with rear-panel, ¼-inch TRS and RCA inputs, as well as front-panel, ⅛-inch, stereo unbalanced line inputs for use with mobile audio devices. With this selection, you'll have no problem hooking your Eris speakers up with virtually any line-level source, including your smartphone or tablet. The loud, clear, front-panel headphone amplifier lets you work and play in stealth mode without disturbing your housemates.
Like all PreSonus ® monitor speakers, the Eris E3.5 offers consistent, accurate listening, with the smooth and even frequency response that has made Eris monitors popular around the world. Their compact and powerful design makes them an ideal solution for any small space.
Want extra-deep low end? Pair compact Eris E3.5s with our Eris Sub8 active subwoofer for a perfectly matched, full-range sound system that fits almost anywhere.
Hear the Eris E3.5 at your favorite PreSonus dealer.
Did you know? PreSonus studio monitors and media reference monitors include a special edition of Studio Magic, a suite of over $1000 USD worth of music software including Studio One Prime and more plug-ins, loops, virtual instruments, effects, and tutorials than you may ever need. The Magic edition of Studio One Prime is compatible with all of the included plug-ins, of course, and because they're included in VST, AU, and AAX formats, you can also use them in any DAW you’d like.
It doesn't matter if you’re working on your first podcast episode or your tenth Grammy—you'll find yourself conjuring from the book of Studio Magic sooner than later. Have fun!
Components and construction
- 3.5-inch (89 mm), woven composite, low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Rear-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- High- and low-frequency tuning controls
- Front-panel Volume control for speakers and headphone amplifier
Power and safety
- 50 watt (25W/side), Class AB biamplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced ¼-inch TRS, unbalanced 1/8-inch stereo, and RCA inputs
- Integrated stereo headphone amplifier with front-panel 1/8-inch output
- Speaker wire
- 1/8-inch TRS to Stereo RCA cable
- Stereo RCA to Stereo TS cable
- Studio One® Prime and Studio Magic Software Suite ($1,000 value!)
- 1- Stereo 1/8"
- 2- Balanced ¼” TRS
- 2- Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response - 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency - 2.8 kHz
- Amplifier Power - 25W/speaker
- LF Driver - 3.5"
- HF Driver - 1” silk dome
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter) - 100 dB
- Input Impedance - 10 kΩ
- Volume Range - A-type taper
- MF Control - Variable (-6 to +6 dB, center 100 Hz)
- HF Control - Variable (-6 to +6 dB, center 10 kHz)
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Width - 5.6" (141 mm)
- Depth - 6.4" (162 mm)
- Height - 8.3" (210 mm)
- Weight (per pair) - 6.4 lb. (2.9 kg)